How (and why) to connect insurance
This article outlines the steps to connect your primary health insurance to your account.
Once this link is established, our system brings in your benefit plan information and shows how much you have spent in your policy year so far. Specifically, you can see:
- Deductible level (at individual and family level)
- Out-of-pocket maximum (at individual and family level)
- In-network vs out-of-network levels
- Your accumulated spend so far this year.
So, for example, you can log in to Blue Laurel on January 18 and see that you've spent $16 of your $3,000 deductible for in-network services.
For visual learners, you can watch this video to supplement the written steps below.
From quick start ...
Let's assume you've completed the Quick Start guide [link] and you're looking at the main 'Dashboard' screen.
- Click on 'Insurance' at the very top of the screen.
- Click 'Add Insurance'.
- Note: Linking insurance requires your Name and Date of Birth, so we may direct you to complete your profile data first.
- On the pop-up screen (shown below), type to search for your insurance carrier.
- Enter your member ID card number and select the people who are covered under the policy (this applies if you have children added to your Blue Laurel account).
- Click Submit.
That's it! Our system will retrieve your plan information and show your data in this 'Insurance' tab.